What's a cosplay?
What's a crossplay?
How the "cosplay" started?:
How to succeed a "cosplay"?
- Choosing the character you want to cosplay: First thing you have to do before making a cosplay is to choose wisely the character you want to cosplay you must consider certain requirements for example the morphology of the character must adapt to you, facial expressions, be able to adapt to the character's personality.
- The Costume: There Is a different way to have the costume, by simply buying it on the net. Or by making it by yourself: Modifying simple clothes or just sew it. To sew the perfect dress you-have to follow Some steps: to start you need to assemble the maximum of informations and pictures about the outfit , choosing good quality and coloor of the fabric, giving importance to The smallest details and choosing the right accessories . You also have to choose the right wig and apply the right makeup.
- The Role-Play: In Some contest the role-play is sometimes even more important than the cosplay. It is necessary to be able to act as the character by practicing hardly to improve performance . The cosplayers must also master the character poses for photo shoot.
Most major cosplay contests :
The cosplay rules:
- The cosplay must be a self-made (that is obliged in competitions, but not for the cosplayer who just assist).
- No Costume is no costume this law (this rule Appeared in the "masquerade" in 1970 while some females participants came painted in green like "Star Trek alien woman.").
- All awards presented will be at the judges discretion.
- Participating in contest may be solo or in group.
- Staging is obligatory in some contest.
Now the cosplay became more than just a passion, some people made of it their trades we can mention : jessica negri and yaya han in USA, nikita in france, Reika in japan. There was even a show about the cosplay named : Heros of Cosplay in 2013 on Syfy channel reality television show co-produced by Mark Cronin.
comments powered by Disqus